Sr Marketing Operations Analyst
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you!
We’re looking for the complete package in our first Marketing Operations hire at Cloud Academy – an energetic professional who is highly organized, data-driven, results-oriented, and ruthless in the pursuit of operational improvement.
We are not a typical marketing organization, and this is not a typical marketing role. We are looking for an ambitious professional with strong business acumen who consistently seeks challenges.
This position is the glue that holds all digital marketing activity together behind the scenes. You will implement, evaluate, and optimize Cloud Academy’s data and technology to drive strategic marketing campaigns across multiple channels. You will influence the direction of the marketing organization by evangelizing insights culled from thoughtful ongoing measurement and analysis. The right candidate will be curious, assertive, ambitious, and very comfortable with data analysis. The ideal candidate will bring a track record of success in finance, consulting, or entrepreneurship to our lean, high-growth, fast-paced environment.
This position will work closely with the VP of Marketing and will report to the Digital Marketing Manager in our Swiss office.
What you’ll do:
- Define and refine key performance indicators for the marketing organization and track business success on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis; creating operationally actionable dashboards and reports
- Identify specific opportunities for campaign optimization through split testing (paid advertising, keyword targeting, landing page optimization)
- Own the company’s paid advertising portfolio; boost traffic/conversions from our B2B audience across major and niche paid platforms (LinkedIn, Google Display advertising, Twitter, Quora, etc.)
- Define, document, and maintain segmentation for strategic go-to-market initiatives and align business systems and activity to reflect our business segments
- Automate as much as possible (social media, reporting snapshots, email campaigns, conversion and funnel measurement) and establish handling processes for data exceptions/anomalies
- Oversee our market research cron jobs which we run using python, pandas, and matplotlib (if these frameworks mean anything to you or excite you, you’re probably in the right place)
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics role in a fast-paced environment like tech, consulting, investment banking, private equity, or equivalent
- Experience manipulating / analyzing large datasets and building models in Excel; ability to write a SQL query
- Strong understanding of paid advertising, social media, enterprise SaaS, and digital demand generation
- Experience with marketing and business tools like Salesforce.com, Google Analytics, HubSpot, Chartio, LinkedIn Advertising, and Google Adwords
- Experience with landing page design tools, HTML/CSS, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, and sales/marketing automation tools (e.g., Marketo, HubSpot, Salesforce.com)
- Native or high level of English proficiency, both spoken and written
- An enthusiasm for technology, marketing, SaaS metrics, and learning
Bonus points if you have:
- Dabbled in online courses covering any of the following: data science, web development, graphic design, or video production
- Previous B2B marketing experience
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Stock options
- Swiss pension and insurance through Allianz
- Yearly budget for conferences/courses for personal development
- International team and exciting startup environment
- Build your personal workstation
Cloud Academy is committed to diversity in its workforce. Cloud Academy is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.