PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you and we’re happy to facilitate your relocation to this area if needed!
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale.
We’re looking for a passionate Android Developer for our Mobile Team. Cloud Academy is building a dedicated version of its adaptive learning platform for mobile on iOS and Android. You will be part of a growing and exciting internal project focused on creating high-growth features to help our customers assess their skills, share them via mobile with other friends and colleagues, and be able to learn while commuting. You will work on a product used in more than 150 countries worldwide and will be exposed to exciting challenges and behaviours we see on a daily basis building a truly global product.
- Design and build the Cloud Academy Android application working together with the mobile team
- Write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation, bug fixing and code reviews.
- Communicate with the rest of the company (e.g. sales, marketing, UX, etc) to ensure the functionality you're implementing is what was intended.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team, including developers, designers and product managers in order to quickly deliver new features.
- Have published at least one Android app.
- At least 2 years experience in software development.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the Android Developer Kit and Android Studio.
- Knowledge of Material Design principles, patterns, and best practices and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Experience with offline, multithreading, performance tuning and REST services.
- Familiarity with the Android app submission system.
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github, GitLab and/or Bitbucket).
- Familiar with the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available.
- Java development experience.
- Familiarity with open source libraries (especially retrofit, okhttp, realm).
- Gradle experience.
- Understanding of multithreading concepts.
- Kotlin experience
- Familiarity with RxJava
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with video streaming application
- Knowledge of Swift and iOS development
- Able to find creative solutions to interesting problems.
- Curious with a constant desire to learn and collaborate.
- Passion and knowledge of Cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.) is a strong preference.
- Competitive compensation with an annual bonus
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Yearly budget for conferences/courses for your personal development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- A very exciting and fun work environment
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development