Site Reliability Engineer
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you!
At Cloud Academy, we‘re builders. Learning new technology is just as exciting for us as building it. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and empowering students, developers, engineers and companies to build and grow products with robust and constantly updated cloud skills. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled educational content to developers worldwide.
In this role you will help build and automate our release pipeline owned by our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team.
SREs are responsible for creating and maintaining a fully automated pipeline where developers can release features when they are ready without any changes required by an operations team.
In this role you’ll be responsible for creating the architecture to make the above a reality, and keeping it running smoothly in a high growth environment.
This will require you to actively collaborate with other team members and quickly achieve goals without breaking things in production in the process.
This team works closely with our engineers to make sure they have the tools they need for success.
You’ll meaningfully contribute to a fully automated CI/CD pipeline system, and help build and operate a fully serviced container delivery system where an engineer can build, test, and release on demand.
Another area this team will cover will be Chaos Engineering. This will include everything from doing production load testing to vulnerability injection to site and regional disaster simulation.
- Passion for coding, web technologies, and shipping features that drive users adoption
- Understanding of server-side technologies such as: Python, Django, Flask, Celery and both Relational and NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with cloud provider systems in either AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with container automation technologies such as ECS and Kubernetes
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines using technologies such as Jenkins or Circle CI
- Experience with PagerDuty or similar tools
- Familiar with cloud architecture patterns and best practices for designing highly available, scalable and secure systems
- High level of English proficiency, both spoken and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a sense of urgency and integrity
- Passion and experience in e-learning projects is a strong bonus.
- Able to find creative solutions to interesting problems.
- Curious with a constant desire to learn and collaborate.
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Swimming pool membership subsidized
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development!