Junior Finance Specialist
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano, and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic finance professional, someone with a strong passion for numbers who is eager to learn and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment!
The right candidate is strong in accounting operations and seeks continuous process improvements; he/she is able to collaborate well across various functional teams to understand business and finance requirements.
In this role, you will independently handle a variety of finance activities and processes for the Swiss and US entities, with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration based in the Mendrisio, Switzerland office.
What You’ll Do:
· You’ll help manage all accounting activities for our 55-person startup, starting with the journal entry and ending with the reporting packages, both for the US and Swiss entities
· You’ll manage control activities to track OpEx by department
· You’ll monitor banking transactions, while being responsible for inputting wire payments and supporting the preparation of the monthly Treasury reporting package
· You’ll prepare monthly account reconciliations with a focus on bank reconciliations
· You’ll support month-end close processes for the consolidated financial statement
· You’ll work closely with and support our external, third-party service provider, for the preparation of reports
· You’ll work continuously to improve our processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 1-3 years experience on an Accounting or Finance team, preferably in an international company
- Excellent time and self-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask to meet required deadlines, you are result-oriented
- You have a strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- You are a team player with excellent communication on all levels and a positive attitude
- You have strong Excel skills and experience with large data sets
- You are fluent in English and Italian, both written and spoken
Bonus points if you have:
· Auditing background
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development!