Sr Back-End Developer
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you!
At Cloud Academy, we‘re builders. Learning new technology is just as exciting for us as building it. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and empowering students, developers, engineers and companies to build and grow products with robust and constantly updated cloud skills. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled educational content to developers worldwide.
We’re looking for a Sr Back-End Developer to help us take our product to the next level. We move seamlessly from full-stack web development, to mobile, to deployment/scaling. This position will take ownership of how features are implemented, from user experience to backend, involving our web app, mobile app, APIs and backend infrastructure.
You’ll have an opportunity to make a large impact on the culture of our development team. Our ideal candidate is a humble leader, equally capable of teaching and learning. You will work in our Switzerland office (Mendrisio, CH), together with our international engineering and design team and we’re happy to facilitate your relocation to this area if needed.
- Able to write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation; unit tests for every feature, bug fixing and code reviews.
- Communicate with the rest of the company (e.g. sales, marketing, UX, etc) to ensure the functionality you're implementing is what was intended.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team, including mobile developers, designers and product managers in order to quickly deliver new features.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to ensure smooth deployments, ensuring that errors are logged with enough info to debug effectively.
- Passion for coding, web technologies, and shipping features that drive users adoption.
- Strong understanding of server-side technologies such as: Python, Django, Flask, Celery and both Relational and NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Advanced knowledge and experience on modern web patterns: AJAX, RESTful APIs, SOA, WebSocket, client-side rendering, etc.
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket).
- Familiar with cloud oriented technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, Docker
- Familiar with cloud architecture patterns and best practices for designing highly available, scalable and secure systems.
- High level of English proficiency, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a sense of urgency and integrity.
- Passion and experience in e-learning projects is a strong bonus.
- Able to find creative solutions to interesting problems.
- Curious with a constant desire to learn and collaborate.
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Swimming pool membership subsidized
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development!