Data Scientist - NLP
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you!
At Cloud Academy, we‘re builders. Learning new technology is just as exciting for us as building it. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and empowering students, developers, engineers and companies to build and grow products with robust and constantly updated cloud skills. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled educational content to developers worldwide.
We are currently expanding a dedicated research team inside our company with a data scientist with a strong experience on Natural Language Processing (NLP). The team works in strict synergy with the engineering and the product team and has active collaborations with close universities and researchers.
We are exploring state-of-the-art techniques to extract knowledge from unstructured text and implement models for knowledge representation, reasoning, and Natural Language Generation (NLG). We expect the candidate to focus on the development of applications that will naturally reflect in the product in order to scale and automatize the production and maintenance of training and assessment content.
In addition, the candidate will be involved in the other challenging activities of the team, such as the customization of the UX through recommendations, skill assessment logic, and data collection and analysis.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as computer science, statistics, and machine learning.
- Significant work experience with core NLP tasks and techniques, such as text classification, topic detection, named-entity recognition.
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms and applications.
- Familiarity with languages for statistical & scientific computing, such as Python, R, and associated libraries.
- Problem-solver attitude, passionate to dig into complex and challenging problems and shipping features that drive users adoption.
- PhD degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, machine learning.
- Experience with Natural Language Generation (NLG) tasks.
- Familiarity with recommender systems.
- Solid hands-on skills in manipulating, analyzing, modeling, summarizing, and visualizing real data using libraries and tools such as plot.ly, Tableau, and chart.io.
- Strong knowledge of Python, in particular the Scikit-learn toolkit.
- Experience with distributed version control systems, mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket).
- Experience with Cloud oriented technologies, in particular with managed Machine Learning Cloud services.
- Good communication capabilities.
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development