Customer Support Lead, North America
NOTE: This is a 100% remote position from anywhere in North America.
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
We are looking for an experienced customer support professional to oversee end-user customer support in North America. You should have a working knowledge of AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platforms and a truly limitless desire to learn more about technology. You should have B2B SaaS (ideally, enterprise) experience and an entrepreneurial get-it-done attitude.
This position reports directly to our San Francisco-based VP and works closely with our US-based enterprise Customer Success team, our Swiss-based product development team, and our global team of training content creators.
What You’ll Do
- Establish and own our North American customer support helpdesk, partnering with our Swiss team to develop repeatable processes
- Be the face of Cloud Academy with our customers, delivering excellent interactions over email and phone
- Support users of Cloud Academy’s web app and mobile applications, and Hands-on Labs (actual training environments on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform like the ones you see here)
- Evaluate user needs, collect customer feedback, research and identify technical problems, and work with content, engineering, and product teams to determine workarounds and solutions
- Identify, refine, track, and automate reporting of customer support metrics
- Participate in weekly product meetings and bug scrubs — using data to help determine priorities for our product and content teams
- Identify common themes to create platform FAQs — and proactively update FAQs as product features are released weekly
- Regularly update Zendesk automation, macros, SLAs, and views
- Strong track record in customer support, customer success, or sales engineering for a B2B SaaS product
- Ability to grasp and explain complex technical concepts and techniques across multiple platforms
- Understanding of AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform service offerings and a strong desire to learn more (please indicate if you hold any vendor certifications)
- An innate sense of urgency to get things done the right way
- Ability to act independently and hold stakeholders across the company accountable for deliverables
- Experience and prudence dealing with sensitive data and systems (e.g., handling e-commerce disputes)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- AWS, Azure, GCP certified — or you have passed an equivalent Cloud Academy certification prep exam
- BSc / BEng in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of network and application protocol stack
- Understanding of information security concepts, tools and processes
- Competitive compensation
- Yearly bonus eligibility
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Yearly budget for conferences/courses for personal development
- An exciting startup environment
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year
- Build your personal workstation