Technical Writer & Researcher (Part-Time Contract)
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning). Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
This is not your typical technical writing role. It will require creativity, ingenuity, and research. We are looking for a highly skilled contract technical writer to support Cloud Academy’s research, writing, and editorial efforts. If cutting-edge technology or the type of industry analysis you at cloudacademy.com/research make your heart beat a little faster than normal, read on. In this role, you will need to be able to go a level deeper — diving into vendor offerings on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform and across the broader ecosystem — in order to edit and compose highly engaging and accurate copy. With hundreds of thousands of new users to our blog each month, you will work on high-impact projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Research, rewrite, and re-work existing technical blog posts and technical tutorials for accuracy, clarity, and readability (~2 posts / week)
- Support Cloud Academy's industry research team on monthly data reports found at cloudacademy.com/research
- Review and edit ongoing contributions to our blog that technical in nature (2 - 4 posts per month)
- Research and write original new technical posts that align with Cloud Academy’s strategy and leverage its industry research data
- 4+ years of technical writing experience
- Experience crafting highly engaging and clear technical tutorials in written form
- Understanding of and comfort with performing hands-on platform research across the wide range of services provided by AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, and more
- Ability to operate with minimal oversight
- Strong project management experience
- Strong research and analytical skills—you can look at limited data, create and thoughtful hypotheses, and explain how you would test those hypotheses
- Ability to unpack and orient complex technical problems and services, then articulate solutions into an easy-to-read narrative using text and illustrations
Bonus points if:
- You have a familiarity with Cloud Academy
- Interest in enterprise cloud computing technology and trends
This is a part-time hourly contract position with performance-based financial incentives.