PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland. Mendrisio is just 7km over the border from Como, Italy and is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano. Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for commuters regardless of where they're commuting from.
At Cloud Academy, we‘re builders. Learning new technology is just as exciting for us as building it. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and empowering students, developers, engineers and companies to build and grow products with robust and constantly updated cloud skills. Cloud Academy delivers software and e-learning content to Enterprises and Individuals in 100+ countries worldwide. We are now on a journey to scale our product and content teams in our offices in both San Francisco, CA, and Mendrisio, Switzerland. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled educational content to developers worldwide.
We are looking for a highly skilled Product Designer to add to our growing team at our Tech HQ in Switzerland. Your mission will be to define and create highly interactive interfaces for our e-learning platform. As the Product Designer, you will face some of our hardest challenges in designing a data-intense interface for the consumer and enterprise market, with special attention to the e-learning and technology objectives of our platform. You will be involved in key new projects, including the design of a new Hands-on Labs platform for the Enterprise world, the integration of a crowdsourced comment system and our gamification platform.
You will work with our Product team on designing the best e-learning experience across videos, quizzes and hands-on labs for our customers, both on desktop and mobile. You will report to our Head of Product.
What else you will do:
- Build and lead the design functions within the new product development organization, including user interface design and visual design.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product marketing to bring design concepts into reality.
- Mentor and coach staff with a wide range of design and leadership capabilities.
- Integrate user interface design and visual design functions to produce simple, highly usable, scalable designs that create cohesive, positive user experiences across multiple product lines.
- Work with other design groups throughout the company to build a collaborative design culture, a cohesive user experience, and a powerful corporate brand.
- 4+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
- Passion for product design and the desire to work in a product designer role
- Exceptional ability to collaborate and facilitate the design process
- Excellent communication skills and ease having discussions with users, engineers, and executives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing successful and impactful products from concept through production and the ability to showcase your work
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Swimming pool membership subsidized
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development!