Sr Front-End Developer
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you!
At Cloud Academy, we‘re builders. Learning new technology is just as exciting for us as building it. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and empowering students, developers, engineers and companies to build and grow products with robust and constantly updated cloud skills. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled educational content to developers worldwide.
We’re looking for a Senior Front-end Developer to help us take our product to the next level. We move seamlessly from full-stack web development, to mobile, to deployment/scaling. In this position you will work mainly on our front-end for our individual and enterprise-oriented product. You will work with back-end engineers, full-stack engineers and data scientists on several new internal projects.
You’ll have an opportunity to make a large impact on the culture of our development team. Our ideal candidate is a humble leader, equally capable of teaching and learning. You will work in our Switzerland office (Mendrisio, CH), together with our international engineering and design team and we’re happy to facilitate your relocation to this area if needed.
- Write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation; unit tests for every feature, bug fixing and code reviews.
- Communicate with the rest of the company (e.g. sales, marketing, UX, etc) to ensure the functionality you're implementing is what was intended.
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team, including mobile developers, designers and product managers, in order to quickly deliver new features.
- Work side by side with DevOps, ensuring every piece of software provides useful error messages and logging capabilities.
- Basic CSS3 knowledge
- Experience with SPA (single page applications) and SSR (server side rendering) with React (or any other modern JS framework)
- Experience with atomic design strongly preferred
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket).
- Familiar with cloud oriented technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, Docker
- Understanding of the appropriate use of the file system, cloud storage, network resources, and an understanding of data redundancy and availability is necessary
- Very proficient in both spoken and written English
- Passion for and experience in e-learning projects is a strong bonus
- Ability to find creative solutions to interesting problems
- Competitive Compensation with annual bonus potential
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development!