PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you!
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale.
As a Data Engineer, you will design, build and improve our Data Warehouse. You will explore our data to find actionable insights from it. Data is the greatest accelerator for our business and you will be responsible for the full data stack.
You will design, build and manage scalable data pipelines which provide reports to multiple business stakeholders.
You will analyze data to find key insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more
This role will enable you to work on the latest Cloud technologies and Cloud data warehouse to develop state of the art data analytics systems.
- Develop and manage our cloud data warehousing platform supporting the needs of critical BI reporting and analytical requirements
- Build data pipelines and own data quality for our data flows
- Identify, translate, and answer important product questions with data
- Create dashboards to track key product and business metrics
- Launch and support new data models and tools that provide intuitive analytics to internal customers
- Experience building and maintaining an AWS RedShift DWH.
- S3 Datalake design.
- Familiarity with Apache Parquet or other column-oriented data storage format a plus.
- SQL and NoSQL schema design expertise.
- Monitoring and alert management.
- Charting and graphing with ChartIO or similar.
- ETL design.
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development