Cloud Content & Labs QA Engineer
NOTE: This is a full-time, remote position working for an amazing and successful startup in the Silicon Valley! Applicants will be considered from anywhere in North America.
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
We are looking for a Content & Labs QA Engineer to help us review and update our course content and support our labs environment. We need someone technical with an eye for detail, who knows the AWS and Azure landscapes well enough to recognize when services have been added or updated. As our lead for quality assurance, you will then work on updating lab, courses, and exam assets to ensure they show and explain the latest versions of cloud services.
To succeed in this role you need to have a methodical approach to reviewing and analyzing content of various types and have attention to detail in the work that you do.
If you are interested in progressing your career as a cloud expert and are comfortable with process and detail, this is the ideal role for you. You will get to learn on the job and spend your day keeping up with the latest cloud services and innovations. We will provide you with the opportunity to progress in training, obtain certifications and attend industry events.
- Technical self starter with several years of practical experience provisioning cloud services
- Passionate about public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Experienced and familiar with navigating and using Cloud vendor consoles and APIs to run and manage services
- Experience with implementing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, ARM templates, Deployment Manager, or Terraform)
- Proficient with a programming or scripting language, such as Python, Node.js, and/or Bash
- Experience with using Linux on the command line
- Clear and effective written and verbal English communication skills
Plus if you have:
- Experience implementing least-privilege Identity and Access Management (IAM) security policies
- Experience building and maintaining applications on cloud infrastructure
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues arising in production environments
- One or more public cloud platform certifications
- Competitive compensation
- Yearly bonus eligibility
- Stock options
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Yearly budget for conferences/courses for personal development
- An exciting startup environment
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year
- Build your personal workstation