Content Operations Specialist
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano, and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you!
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
We are looking for a Content Operations Specialist to join our growing Content Team! In this position you will be responsible for our content publication, curation and promotion, working with an internationally-distributed Content team, as well as Engineering, Marketing, Product and Sales. The person we are looking for has great writing skills, he/she is familiar with cloud and web technologies, and is very detail oriented. Native or near-native English skills are a must.
In this role your main responsibility is to help our globally distributed content team publish, manage and organize our content, taking care of everything the team needs from an operations and process perspective. If you want to learn the technical side of cloud computing and begin your career as a cloud expert, this is the dream job!
You will work with engineers, SMEs, sales engineers and digital marketers, so it's important that you are able to coordinate your tasks with different groups inside the company, making sure our processes are followed and with a constant drive to increase our bar. You must be flexible to work across multiple time zones every day.
This position is very operational and we are looking for someone who is not intimidated by working on very hands-on tasks, and is capable of working in full autonomy.
What you will do as the Content Operations Specialist:
- Upload, modify and manage content
- Write and curate our content descriptions
- Manage SEO for our content: you will make sure our title, descriptions and everything related to the final pages published will be SEO optimized working closely with our internal SEO/SEM manager.
- Curate our library on a weekly basis: our Training Library is one of the most important assets for Cloud Academy. You will be responsible for publishing and managing our internal library curation to ensure it is always up to date.
- Support Sales and Marketing for content promotion: you will support Marketing and Sales with potential questions related to our content and will contribute to our marketing processes to promote our content.
- Product/platform technical issues: you will work with our product and engineering teams to investigate and solve potential issues in our publication tools and suggest improvements, working closely with them and attending our product meetings.
- 1-2 years of experience working with digital content and digital properties in a content or operations function.
- Attention to detail - this role requires an attention to detail to succeed.
- Great writing skills. Experience as author/copy-writer is our preference.
- Experience working and communicating with engineers and technical owners.
- Bias for action - we are looking for someone who is responsible and wants to own a critical function in our team.
- Ability to work independently and to switch to different tasks in order to accomplish a task or a project.
- Perfect spoken and written English is a must for this position.
- 2-5 years of experience working in an international environment and with distributed teams is a preference.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and DevOps is a strong plus and preference.
- Competitive salary including a bonus plan
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development