Junior Product Documentation Engineer (Internship)
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano, and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you!
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
We are looking for a young candidate who is willing to join Cloud Academy for a 12-month internship finalized to join our product team full-time. In the Junior Product Documentation Engineer role you will work closely with our Product Management leadership and our engineers to define, create and maintain our product documentation for internal teams using our platform and for our customers.
In this role you will shadow our internal product teams in every product development’s phase and you will work with engineers and product managers to write a clear but comprehensive set of pages documenting how to use our features. You will get exposed to the opportunity of learning how to build enterprise products for large organizations and understand how complex web products get build from scratch.
What you will do
- Work and sync with Product Managers to write, modify and maintain online documentation of our platform on a constant basis.
- You will contribute to our product development meetings attending all phases of our product development strategy.
- Work with Engineers and Product Managers to document and highlight specific features of our platform.
- Learn how to work with an agile development process and how to include product documentation as part of our sprints.
- Update and curate our product documentation platform
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders for product documentation related questions
- Work and regularly talk to our Customer Success team to collect feedback on our product documentation
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Business degree
- Strong passion for SaaS products
- Perfect spoken and written English is a must for this position.
- Attention to detail - this role requires an attention to detail to succeed.
- Great writing skills. Experience as author/copy-writer is our preference.
- Experience working and communicating with engineers and product owners.
- Strong passionate for web and product development
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and DevOps is a strong plus and preference.
- 800/1,000 CHF/month as reimbursement
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Budget for professional development
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development