Copywriter (Part-Time Contract)
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning). Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
We are looking for a highly skilled copywriter to support Cloud Academy primarily in our media / public relations and SEO efforts.
Cloud Academy marketing works differently. We aim to lead, educate, and inform. In this role, you will need to be able to step back and understand the technology landscape and think critically about the world of technical skill development, specifically in the context of large enterprise organizations and the office of the CIO.
With hundreds of thousands of new users to our blog each month, your work will be highly visible.
What you’ll do:
- Craft clever, powerful, educational, and concise copy for emails, landing pages, videos, and other assets
- Research and write multiple original, high-quality pieces of thought leadership content for contribution to top tier-media outlets per month
- Edit blog posts and web pages to ensure we maintain trust with our hundreds of thousands of users and readers
- Copyedit new submissions to the Cloud Academy blog for readability, accuracy, tone, and in accordance with SEO best practices
- 3+ years of writing and editing experience
- Strong knowledge of the technology industry, players / trends in the cloud industry, and the role of the learning and development function within a large organization
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to operate with minimal oversight / strong project management experience
- Experience editing copy for SEO
- An insatiable appetite to learn and a passion for technology
- Experience with Wordpress (or another CMS)
Bonus points for experience with:
- B2B / enterprise SaaS experience
- HTML / CSS
- Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, and/or Illustrator
- A marketing automation tool like HubSpot
- Creating high-converting advertising copy
This is a part-time hourly contract position with performance-based financial incentives.